It’s nice that people find their paths. It’s wonderful that there are a myriad of pagan paths out there to be trod - different strokes for different folks, and all that. I’m glad there is diversity. I like seeing all the different pagan religions.
But I get -really- tired of people using Wicca as something to point to as ‘pagan lite’. It’s nice that you feel you went ‘deeper’, or ‘harder’, and that your magic is real, gritty, raw. But guess what?
So is mine. My gods are not cosmic Barbie dolls. My path is not escapist fantasy. I am not love and light. I am not glitter and pixie farts. And I never will be. My work is blood and bone, fluids and feathers and fangs, dirty and just as fucking real.
I am a Wiccan. And I don’t appreciate the implication that those of us who do find a home within Wicca, who are called to that path, are not as serious, not as deep, and not as willing to get our hands dirty and do the work.
And for those who really believe that, and will continue to hold Wicca and Wiccans up as flaky or fake, as the first stop on the way to ‘real’ pagan paths, as shallow and unappealing? A hearty ‘Fuck You’.
- coppersloth likes this
- tendingthehearth reblogged this from morgandria
- somestrangeseahorse reblogged this from morgandria
- sephiraallen likes this
- wolf-rayet-star likes this
- tokidokinara likes this
- journalofcrazydays likes this
- another-blair-witch likes this
- reverendgaddy likes this
- cottagewitch reblogged this from morgandria and added:
- cottagewitch likes this
- furioushorde likes this
- detunedradiohead likes this
- deadly-voo said: For the most part, I think it’s people thinking Wicca is eclectic. If people knew what Wicca was, I have to believe they wouldn’t make that accusation. But maybe I am wrong.
- damnitwhatisthecatdoing likes this
- ladysmuffin likes this
- morgandria posted this